Australian Company Liquidations are liquidators and trustees, so we must also adhere to the terms set out by the Corporations Act 2001 and the Bankruptcy Act 1966 in relation to collecting, holding and disclosing personal information.
In this policy, we will tell you:
- The kinds of personal information that is collected, held, used and disclosed;
- How we collect, hold, use and disclose that personal information; and
- Why we collect and hold personal information.
Australian Company Liquidations deals with contacts who may provide us information regarding potential company liquidations, so we collect certain details such as our contacts’ names, contact details and company. We also collect your opinions and other information you provide when we seek your feedback on our services and performance.
This information is collected for three main reasons:
- To provide efficient communication with our contacts regarding information they have referred to us
- For marketing purposes
- To improve our performance and ensure that we constantly improve on and provide high quality service for our contacts and clients
Marketing purposes at Australian Company Liquidations includes occasional promotional material and monthly newsletters to our subscribers.
All information about and provided by our contacts are held in a dedicated contact management system developed by Australian Company Liquidations.
Yes. We maintain relationships with our contacts to sustain information about how to communicate with people in our contact management system. That information must be available to our employees who need to make and maintain that communication.
No. Australian Company Liquidations have not and will not sell, distribute or provide any of this information to anyone outside this firm in any form.
For Clients, Creditors and Shareholders
Australian Company Liquidations holds the necessary personal information that enables us to comply with our obligations under both the Corporations Act 2001 and the Bankruptcy Act 1966, as well as various professional associations and industry bodies.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Your name and contact details
- Information about your company, including information about staff, creditors, stakeholders and shareholders
- Financial information and documents required to carry out a liquidation
Personal information is collected from various sources made available to Australian Company Liquidations, including information provided directly from the individual concerned, our contacts, as well as publicly available information obtained through searches of various databases.
Australian Company Liquidations only collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information to comply with our requirements and fulfill our duties as Appointee under the Corporations Act 2001 and the Bankruptcy Act 1966, in whatever capacity is applicable.
If you do not provide personal information or wish to be anonymous, we are happy for you to remain anonymous until you feel comfortable to proceed with a company liquidation. We only ask for information that is necessary for us to conduct the administration of a file under their control in order to fulfil their statutory and professional obligations.
It may be necessary for Australian Company Liquidations to disclose personal information to other parties, or in some circumstances, we may be legally required to do so. Such other parties may include:
- Creditors through details that we must by law include in reports to creditors
- Solicitors who are advising Australian Company Liquidations
- Solicitors representing other parties
- External marketing consultants who send our monthly email newsletters
- IT service providers who may view your personal information in the course of addressing a system issue for us
- Government departments such as ASIC or AFSA
You can request to access your personal information held by Australian Company Liquidations by speaking to the person responsible for your file. If it is reasonable to do so, we will give you access to your personal information in the manner requested by you. This is subject to any legal restriction or exemption.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant for the purpose. If there is any information you believe to be inaccurate or incomplete then we ask you to put that information in writing and communicate that to us so that the information held may be updated.
If you would like to complain about a privacy breach relating to Australian Company Liquidations, or how we handle your personal information, please contact us the person responsible for your file. You will be contacted after your complaint has been assessed and you will be advised of any rectification.